Sunday, December 20, 2009

race report from chris

6hr 40m for my very first 50k!!! I finished with a lil kick in my step, to the hooting and hollering of my parents, Kaylin, and Pat (who had finished an hour before me, at 5hr 30min). Not bad for barely training for the past 3 weeks, haha. My ENTIRE bottom half of my body feels like it's 80 years old right now. Everything hurts, but I feel great. Completely ready to do the next one in 6 months or so. Promise Land maybe, whenever that is.

The course itself was pretty nuts. One would think that because it was a flat course, and because they had closed the smaller trails for the race due to flooding and ice, that the three 10-mile out-and-backs would have been a sinch. Not exactly the case. And Pat can testify, this was a 50k mud run. 40 degrees (maybe), thick rain, mud up to your shins at parts, and a section of water near "the narrows" that was 200-300 feet across, knee deep, and ice ice ice cold. I had a blast the entire time.

Kaylin and my parents took a bunch of pictures, which I will post soon.

Stoked.

- Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment