Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year's Friend


I went to Atlanta for New Years for a week and while I was walking around downtown I met the following woman. She was on the phone while I was walking by her and she said the following to whoever she was talking to, "Girl, I'm gonna have to call you back, something too good to past is walking by and I ain't gonna let it past." She immediately hung up and started shouting at me. I walked over to her to see what was up and the following entailed. She began telling me about her life in the ghetto and how rough it was with all the drugs and violence. The story went on to say how she left the ghetto and traveled all over the world living off the land and doing humanitarian work for people less fortunate. She told me how she sits with her signs at the airport, or on the streets, just to make at least one person feel better or at least brighten their day. I ended up talking with her for about an hour. She was one of the sweetest old ladies I have ever met; a mother and caretaker to all. Needless to say, she brighten my day.....

Happy New Years to everyone and all the best for 2010

Pat

2 comments:

  1. "a mother and caretaker to all" = salt of the earth = awesomeness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool Pat!!!
    Thanks for putting that up.

    ReplyDelete